DevOps Engineer - Remote
Posted on Apr 27, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
DevOps Engineer - Remote - Initial 6 Month Contract
This role is to support to build a SaaS business from the ground up with the ability to influence the product and architecture in an area of growth, in conjuncture with the client's department in Santa Clara whose development hours would cover 15:00-23:00 CET.
Candidate needs to be driven by technology and enjoys automation and problem solving and is technically savvy to lead the DevOps team in the right direction. Customer satisfaction, ensuring high availability and uptime of production systems is one of the Roche Department cores commitments.
Expected technical background:
- Fluent in English (this is a must)
- 8+ years of progressive hands-on experience in the DevOps, SRE functions doing large scale development with cloud technologies. AWS experience preferred.
- Experience in overall areas in DevOps including CI/CD with build & release, Internal tooling, and production operations.
- Experience automating using infrastructure as code: AWS CloudFormation, Terraform or AWS Python/Boto API
- Hands-on automation development using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack.
- Hands-on System Administration experience with Unix based systems including experience with system configuration and networking.
- Scripting experience using bash/Shell, python, ruby, or similar languages.
- Extensive working experience with modern container technologies.
- Proficiency with log monitoring and analytics using solutions like Splunk, ELK.
- Experience using APIs, microservices and other REST technologies.
- Installation, Configuration and management of NGINX or similar technologies
- Experience with version control and build management tools.
- Experience in Linux, Windows
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket
- In-depth experience with modern CI/CD pipelines and the common components and services typically used with these pipelines - Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault
- Credential management, Artifactory, test automation platform
- Be part of on call rotation and help resolve production issues
- DevOps activities in DIS are in conjunction with a team of world-class doctors and researchers who want to impact global healthcare delivery.