DevOps Engineer (Azure DevOps)
Posted on Apr 27, 2021 by TEKsystems
Title: DevOps Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Length: 6 months+ (with option of extension)
Excellent opportunity to join one of the world's largest biotech companies. You will be working within a highly innovative team helping them to drive current industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and identify the ones they should implement.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Technical lead for software development tasks or projects in teams.
- Independent delivery of complex, broadly defined software assignments. Specification, planning, implementation, testing and documentation of these assignments and drafting/definition of tasks for others.
- Independent planning and implementation of complex internal and external sub-projects by involving several employees, or responsible for an area of technological activity.
- Executes with high accountability to schedule and quality.
- Participates actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage, and supports well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Internal and external knowledge transfer.
- Active role in the scope of conceptual problem solving.
- Defines over-arching concepts for the entire product area.
- Closely collaborates with partner teams.
Mandatory Skills and Knowledge:
- More than 5 years of experience in a DevOps Engineer environment (preferably Microsoft Azure DevOps): Experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Coding experience in C++
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and have team management skills
- Good experience with Linux-based infrastructures (Debian or Ubuntu)
- Experience with open-source tools and Techniques for Pipelines Jenkins or similar [plugins, scripts, pipeline]
- Experience in working with Ansible or Terraform for automation and configuration.
- Have usage experience in Source code control tools such as Git
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.