Ecommerce Programme Director (SFCC/Magneto/Demandware/Hybris/BigCommerce)
Posted on Apr 26, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods require a Ecommerce Programme Director for a global digital agency.
Location: EU and UK. Needs to be able to work to UK time zones
Salary: £80 - £90k
The role of the Programme Director is to own project delivery across a range of client accounts.
This involves leading a team of project managers delivering multiple work streams ensuring that all projects are managed to time, budget and quality and that dependencies between projects are identified and managed. This includes managing teams, scope, deliverables, budget, resources, expectations and timeframes to the highest standards, whilst maintaining a holistic view of the client's objectives and ensuring that overall targets for profitability and client satisfaction are met.
The role must also work in partnership with the client services/Sales lead for the account along with the discipline leads of creative and technology. As such the candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with other people in the business to achieve successful delivery.
In addition, the candidate must possess the gravitas and experience to be seen as the client's trusted advisor in all issues related to delivery.
- Accountability for overall delivery operations: Resource planning & allocation, processes, profitability, scope management, project delivery, supplier management
- Leading & managing a team (Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, and Junior Project Managers) to efficiently deliver work both onshore and offshore. Oversees multiple projects being managed by other project managers.
- Where required is able to be hands on and manage projects on their own
- Manage all aspects of the programme of work: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality and communication - both in terms of managing others and taking personal ownership and accountability
- Balance strategic and creative ambitions available time and budget and identify solutions and options for meeting the overall business objectives
- Acting as mentor and coach for direct reports
- Acting as a partner and advisor for the client services/sales team
- Acting as a partner and advisor for the client
- Ensuring that new work is correctly scoped and ensuring quality and efficiency of delivery
- Ensuring projects meet profitability and quality targets
We want someone who is:
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment
- Able to see the big picture while paying attention to the details
- Anticipates and manages risk
- Has a positive attitude and able to get along with different personalities
- Experience in strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in senior stakeholder engagement
- Extensive experience in defining scope and requirements gathering documentation
- Minimum of 10 years experience of SFCC, Demandware, BigCommerce, Magento, Hybris or similar platform B2B and B2C implementationsMinimum of 10 years experience in delivering large and complex E-commerce projects
- Sound understanding of the E-commerce landscape including critical technology integrating into E-commerce platforms
- Ecommerce project management experience, either within an agency, systems integration consultancy
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall project management
- Experience in working within dynamic, fast paced environments and can react quickly according to business changes
- Experience of working on projects from strategy, user experience, design, build, test and deployment
- Ability to resource plan, financial planning, control and reporting efficiently and effectively
- Experience of communicating and liaising with senior key stakeholders and project sponsors
- Process control, quality reviews and delivery of governance and documentation
- Experience in managing the delivery of complex projects of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience in producing, Requests for Proposals, Project Statement of Works and other contractual documents