Posted on Apr 26, 2021 by CV-Library
Curran Recruitment is exclusively working with Irelands leading Ecological Consultancy Scott Cawley on the following role:
Looking for a passionate high calibre Senior Ecologist to join a growing and dynamic team. This role will be based in Scott Cawley’s fantastic offices overlooking Dublin bay. You will be responsible for the project management and delivery of Ecological Impact Assessments and Appropriate Assessments reports from start to finish including for multiple large complex project types.
Real Opportunities for progression and growth within this company
Why join Scott Cawley?
* They have and still are at the core of some of the most important infrastructure, energy and policy developments in Ireland in the last 15 years.
* They are experiencing a huge period of growth and looking for leaders to join their dynamic specialist ecological consultancy that places its staff at the heart of business.
* Passionate about their people and are committed to maintaining a good work life balance
* Staff Development is a priority
* Excellent Remuneration and benefits package
* A minimum of 5 years in ecological consultancy.
* An honours degree in ecology or a related discipline (post graduate qualification highly desirable)
* Excellent written and spoken English.
* Excellent technical report writing skills, including proven track record in writing reports for EcIA and AA.
* Excellent working knowledge of Irish and EU wildlife and planning legislation.
* Excellent working knowledge of habitat and species survey design and implementation to relevant industry best practice guidelines.
* Excellent working knowledge of impact assessment and mitigation practices for large development types and for European and Irish protected species.
* Excellent problem solving skills and initiative.
* A proven track record in implementing/management of EcIA and AA for large projects.
* Ability to critically review others work to ensure quality and accuracy of technical information.
* A proven track record in excellent communication and mentoring other staff.
* Strong organisational, project and time management skills (including technical, financial and quality aspects) .
* A passion for ecology, working outdoors in all conditions, a scientific approach to work and attention to detail.
* Flexible friendly attitude and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a growing business
* Responsibility for the project management and delivery of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA, NIS, NIR) reports from start to finish including for multiple large complex project types.
* Responsibility for the design, commissioning and scheduling of multi-disciplinary and specialist ecological surveys for sites around the island of Ireland.
* Working closely with other members of staff and multi-disciplinary design teams to provide appropriate ecological design solutions and advice. This will require dealing with project team members (engineers, architects, planners, environmental consultants, hydrologists, archaeologists, landscape architects etc.) and interacting with environmental, planning and development-related issues including those outside of the field of ecology.
* Provide technical ecological advice and recommendations to clients in particular where risks may be posed to a project timescale or delivery, including verbal, written and face to-face contact.
* Liaising with clients, project managers and other project stakeholders including statutory bodies.
* Maintaining up to date knowledge of industry changes, best practice, guidelines, legislation and policy, and providing leadership on same to other staff members.
* Supporting the Sales Team in preparing fee proposals and tenders.
* Project financial management including meeting targets and monitoring of profitability for individual projects.
* Working as part of a team promoting the business and maintaining the company’s reputation and standards.
* Reporting regularly to Principal Ecologist on significant issues arising.
Please email [email protected] for a confidential chat