Data Governance Officer
Posted on Apr 26, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Michael Bailey Associates is currently searching for a Data Governance Officer for a client in Basel for a 6 months contract.
- Works together with data and application owners and users, contributes to the creation and maintenance of the technical metadata and data model for a specific application/universe/data mart or data set
- Plays an active role as member of the data governance working group which is established for specific improvement projects (including rollout of data catalogue system in the Bank)
- Reports periodically to the Data Governance Board on the results of work undertaken by the working group
- Work with the business to define the appropriate capture, usage, and business rules for all assigned data elements and data element derivations
- Contributes to the development of data policies, standards and principles
- Creates, documents or provides inputs to technical requirements to satisfy data governance standard
- Manages the design, build and test data management and data governance supporting technology solutions
- Raises awareness of the value of corporate data as an asset and promotes good governance, definition, quality and organisation of data
- Contributes to the definition of how data are organised (structures, models etc.) and how the specific dataset fit into the Bank's wider data landscape
- Works with data owners to ensure better understanding and consistent definitions of data
- Ensures that assigned terms, data fields, data assets and related metadata are being used consistently in various systems and have adequate documentation on their origin and sources and on their appropriate usage
- Coordinates and supports efforts to clean and correct data (data cleansing), to standardise and prepare data for integration or reporting
- Assists business to define acceptable levels of data quality
- Defines and implements quality criteria, metrics, controls and related rules
- Identifies and analyses data quality issues and root causes
- Implements processes to sustain data quality and integrity
- Strong technical knowledge of data query and transformation languages such as SQL and Python
- Ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accurac
- Previous experience of rolling out data catalogue solution such as Colibra, Alation etc would be preference
- Knowledge of data models, database design development and data mining techniques would be an advantage,
- Experience in reporting, data analysis tools and statistics.
- Understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management, etc.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.