Chief Technology Officer
Posted on Apr 26, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
About the company:
Company was founded in 2003 by experts in the insurance industry who set out to build innovative solutions that could transform how carriers manage workers' compensation insurance billing. Today, the company processes more online Pay-As-You-Go billings than any other independent services company in the world.
Company delivers world-class solutions in the workers' compensation administration and insurance premium billing space designed to create opportunities and drive efficiencies for their partners and clients. They have earned the position as a leading provider of Pay-As-You-Go (PayGo) workers' compensation billing due to their simple, accurate and flexible approach to delivering this beneficial payment option for carriers, agents, payroll providers and policyholders. Company has streamlined the delivery of policyholder, payroll and premium data by utilizing a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model and connecting with many of the top insurance carriers in the industry.
Given their growth and future anticipated organic and acquisitive growth, they are seeking a highly effective and experienced CTO to join their growing family. You have passion and creativity to help them exceed their goals and drive results. You are quality and customer focused with a solutions first approach to problem solving. Their philosophy to always exceed their customer's expectations as they partner with them to provide innovative and effective label and packaging solutions, is second nature to you.
Purpose & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CEO and indirectly to the Board of Directors, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for all aspects of the technology platform as a member of the senior leadership team. The CTO will lead the software development, infrastructure, security, and IT functions of their business and will partner with employees, stakeholders and customers to support the growth and sustainability of their business. The CTO will be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen who is well-versed in current industry trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
In order to be successful in this role, the CTO will be highly effective across a variety of areas including but not limited to:
- Align product development teams to the company's strategy, goals and initiatives.
- Innovate through research and development efforts to yield competitive advantage.
- Lead development operations to ensure security, scale, data privacy and cost efficiency.
- Formalize the software development life cycle including project management, requirements analysis, quality assurance and release management.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to scale people, operating expenses and vendor costs.
- Create stakeholder feedback loops to improve the features and user experience of the platform.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
The successful candidate will have at least 15+ years of progressive professional experience including a minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on technology experience and 5+ years of recent experience leading teams.
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role.
- Knowledge of industry trends to build the platform and product strategy.
- Managed budget, business-planning, resource planning (organizational structure).
- Research and Design. Have taken an initiative from the idea stage to a delivered product.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelor of Science/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Interpersonal & Leadership Qualities
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective, situational, collaborative and adaptable leadership skills. The person will be able to weave into an established culture while also advancing the sophistication and professionalization of a business. He/she will possess the judgment and will to flex across a variety of situations. Must be a skillful influencer and be capable of advancing change through collaboration. He/she must also be a strong communicator with excellent listening skills. Healthy emotional intelligence qualities are an absolute must.
He/she will be confident yet grounded in humility and authenticity. The person must be defined by stretch performance, decisiveness and sense of urgency. He/she will have an executive presence and convey credibility and assuredness. The successful candidate will have an optimistic entrepreneurial spirit and be able to get the most out of limited resources.
He/she will be intellectually rigorous and able to engage in and enrich robust discussion, problem solving and planning. His/her ability to execute will be complemented by a well-rounded strategic perspective. The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker capable of breaking down complex problems into actionable parts and ensuring follow-on execution.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.