Lead DevOps Engineer
Posted on Apr 25, 2021 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our direct client located in a NE suburb of Cleveland is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer (Cloud) to design and develop enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Cloud capabilities for all service types (for example, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) that support their business capabilities. They will be responsible for the automation and integration of various technology platforms, which will include developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable their programmers to build and deploy Cloud ready and Cloud native applications. Open to remote currently with expectation to relocate to Cleveland, OH or Colorado Springs, CO office.
- The contractor will work on backlog assignments writing infrastructure as code solutions for customer driven requirements. Terraform, Git, Jenkins, AWS, Azure.
- Work with the Cloud Computing subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and manage the cloud technologies environments.
- Assist in evaluating, designing, configuring and implementing software components within assigned technology areas or projects
- Perform research and development efforts pertaining to development of new features and capabilities.
- Continue to increase our usage of automation across our IaaS/PaaS cloud environments.
- Other responsibilities include serving as a technical point of escalation for the cloud technology areas, coordinating work with engineering and operational staff to optimize existing technologies in our environment, providing feedback to improve workgroup effectiveness and ensuring that the tools and processes are in place to manage performance, capacity, availability, and quality.
Come join an industry leading company with a large, cutting edge IT shop. Apply today!
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) (Be able to write Terraform & Git)
- Experience using AWS Cloud Services (EC2, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Route 53, etc.), Azure and Google Cloud Platforms is also preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and DevSecOps methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of automated deployment pipeline methodologies and tools
- Fluency in version control and branching methodologies using various tools
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt, and integrate emerging technologies
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers
- Experience deploying and managing operating systems like Windows and various Linux distributions
- Experience with container and server-less compute
- Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
- Ability to coach and help others gain knowledge or skills in a specific area
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various levels of management and external vendors
- Experience designing, architecting, building and deploying cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, Azure, Terraform and exposure to CI/CD tool chains such as Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, Maven/Gradle.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Scripting and general software development knowledge (ie Linux Bash, Windows PowerShell, HashiCorp.
- Terraform and Packer, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure ARM, Microsoft TFS, JSON, and YAML).
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills and consistently demonstrate the aptitude and passion to learn new skills.
Overtime: straight time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.