Posted on Apr 24, 2021 by Triton Property Ventures LLC
Apartment Maintenance Technician
Currently we are looking for a qualified Maintenance Technician for our properties located in Akron and Kent, Ohio. Maintenance Technician is expected to maintain the physical maintenance operations of the property through attention to service that affects the overall cleanliness, appearance, quality of the property and its presentation to its residents and the community. Apply maintenance skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of the property and unit turnover. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and its units; plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall. Work will be performed independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as snow removal.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare apartments for make-ready turns & move-ins, includes drywall repair & painting;
- Complete & document all service requests in a timely fashion, involves plumbing, electrical, HVAC, & appliances;
- Perform routine preventative maintenance & unit inspections;
- Monitor & maintain cleanliness of interior & exterior of property to company's standards;
- Responsible for landscaping of grounds, includes mowing, weed control, & snow removal;
- Communicate with residents & coworkers with courtesy & efficiency to ensure resident satisfaction;
- Provide 24-Hour emergency on-call service on a rotating basis with other maintenance staff.
- Plumbing-repair/replace plumbing fixtures, drains, supply lines, faucets, (including stems, seats, and washers), sinks, commodes, p-traps, J-bends, waste arms, etc. Knowledge and experience with using drain snake equipment to clear clogged drains.
- Electrical-repair/replace lighting fixtures, Switches, outlets, wiring, etc. Knowledge and experience with using diagnostic devices to determine nature and defect of electrical services.
- Carpentry: Ability to install and make repairs to wood building components from rough carpentry through to finish carpentry including kitchen cabinets, vanities, countertops, drop-in sinks, repair and finish drywall etc. Ability to install and make repairs to household and light commercial hardware including locksets, deadbolts, hinges, door closers, windows (glass, balancers, latching hardware, etc.), sliding patio doors, screen repair, mini/vertical blinds, etc.
- Appliance Repair - Troubleshooting and repair of parts.
- Working Conditions Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assignment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. May be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 100 pounds. It is essential to be safety-conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Basic computer skills including industry software a plus.
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and protective equipment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to manage challenging people and/or situations.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years of residential property maintenance experience.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- References and job history required
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.