Posted on Apr 24, 2021 by ITech Consult
Technical Writer - diagnostics business environment, Adobe Framemaker (XML-based), English
For our client in the Pharma industry Roche Diagnostics based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Technical Writer. Within the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the Roche Molecular Diagnostics
Documentation Department provides user and service documentation for diagnostic devices in areas including virology, blood screening, microbiology and oncology. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, and award-winning User Assistance.
Areas of responsibility:
* Writes and updates user documentation in English for Roche systems, while respecting project requirements and documentation standards.
* Plans, develops, organizes, and edits procedures for user documentation.
* Independently collects information required to produce the outputs.
* Cooperates closely with documentation project managers, service personnel, trainers, developers, and other subject matter experts.
* Organizes documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implements their input.
* Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected.
* Is enthusiastic about technical writing and contributes to frequent discussions aimed at the continuous
* Improvement of our processes and guidelines.
* Might manage localization projects (for software and documentation) in close collaboration with software Development, translation agencies and country organizations. Consults or trains vendors and affiliates on software tools and processes used.
Professional and technical requirements:
* Proven experience in technical writing, preferably in a diagnostics business environment
* Proven experience with Adobe Framemaker (XML-based) or a similar authoring tool
* Knowledge of multimedia tools and processes used in state-of-the-art technical documentation
* Excellent spoken and written command of English (native speaker or equivalent level)
* Ability to communicate in an international environment with subject matter experts from different
* Willingness to travel
* German understanding, since part of the documentation, will be in German ( also working with German-speaking teams )
Nice to Haves:
* Experience with Schema ST4 or similar Component Content Management System.
* Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments.
* Experience in minimalistic and topic-oriented writing.
* Familiarity with hardware and software development processes.
Reference no: 920246 AD
Role: Technical Writer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: until 31.12.2021, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.