Scrum Master: Agile
Posted on Apr 24, 2021 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
A World Leading Global Energy Company has an exciting contract opportunity for a Scrum Master to support their cross functional design and development squads. This role will encourage people to do things differently in a new department utilising human-centered design with an agile mindset to tackle complex problems in original ways.
This new venture sets out to do things differently taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you'll certainly not be bored!
As the lead agency for this World-Leading FTSE 100 company, and with over 600 contractors working on-site today, we provide an unrivalled service at sensible commission levels.
With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you'll certainly not be bored!
The team are looking for a Scrum Master with the ability to tackle varied problem areas in terms of people, industry and scenarios. Candidates should be able to create the environment for a squad to deliver value, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to an evolving landscape.
- Guiding cross-functional design and development squads through each phases of delivery while keeping alignment on activities and deliverables
- Guiding the squad and organisation on Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Removing impediments or guiding the squad to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the squad using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience as a scrum master or agile project manager
- Experience supporting design, development and quality squads as a scrum master or agile project manager
- Experience as a servant leader and has a mindset of being scrappy' - willingness to jump-in and provide support to your squad as needed to ensure successfully delivery
- Skilled facilitator, ability to draw folks in and get them to self-organise
- Experience leading various agile/scrum ceremonies and well versed in agile techniques
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Helpful to have experience working with:
- Tools/Platforms: Confluence, JIRA, Adobe Suite, Slack, Google Suite