PHYSICAL THERAPIST - Per Diem
Posted on Apr 24, 2021 by Catholic Health Services
Summary & Objective
Therapist, Physical plan and execute rehabilitation programs to reduce pain and improve, restore or maintain mobility in order to help patients and/or residents return to a higher level of physical function.
- Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations according to American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) standards of practice as well as state standards.
- Develop plan of care for each patient based on initial and ongoing evaluations including short and long term goals in collaboration of other clinical personnel and required patient and caregiver involvement.
- Completes scheduled patient load.
- Completes or provides necessary MDS and Care Plan documentation specific to Physical Therapy.
- Completes all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Report patients and/or residents progress and/or changes to other clinical personnel involved in ongoing treatment/care of patients.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census fluctuation.
- Maintain your required license, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift or assist in lifting 250+ pounds, push/pull up to 250+ pounds, occasionally pivot transfer 250+ pounds, walk, climb stairs or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Physical Therapy license to practice in the state of Florida
- CPR certification
- BS, Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- 2 years clinical experience preferred
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.