Payroll & Billing Support
Posted on Apr 24, 2021 by Mastercare
The Accounting Assistant performs daily accounting tasks that support the financial department of Mastercare. Their role is a combination of administrative assistance and accounting support. Tasks typically involve processing payroll, as well as, handling accounts payables, billing, and accounts receivable requests.Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- One or more years experience in processing payroll
- One or more years experience in the homecare or healthcare industry
- One or more years experience using Excel, exporting reports to excel, sorting, running sums etc.
- One or more years experience using word
- One or more years experience using QuickBooks
- Must be comfortable using different software systems
- Must complete Mastercare's pre-employment and new hire process
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast past environment
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Employee should be dependable and possess a high regard for the integrity of the position including attendance.
- Ability to work with standard office equipment including, computers, phones, printers, faxes
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position including: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bending, stooping, sitting for long periods of time, and standing to accomplish duties
- Must have sufficient visual acuity with correction to work effectively with computers and printed material
- Must have hearing acuity to hear spoken communications while on the phone or in person
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to see and read printed materials.
- The position requires the abilities to communicate and interact with clients, service supervisors, and care associates, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The Accounting Assistant will typically work in an organized professional office environment. All operational duties will be performed in the office unless prior approval is granted to work in another environment.Essential Duties:
- Process external and internal staff payroll in an efficient manner.
- Checks paychecks for accuracy before releasing them.
- Handles the accounts payable.
- Handles paycheck problems and errors timely and effectively.
- Handles private client billing, accounts receivable and collections in an efficient manner.
- Responds to client inquiries about billing issues.
- Inputs client credit card payments appropriately for private pay clients.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and data entry as it pertains to payroll, billing, credit, collections and receivables.
- Communicates with Administrator on all accounts receivable and collection issues.
- Projects a concerned, professional appearance towards external personnel and customers.
- Maintains high visibility and availability on the telephone while in the office.
- Maintain written documentation of all accounting activity.