Technical Publications Team Leader/Technical Author
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Publications Team Leader/Technical Author Team Leader/Documentation Manager
Are you looking for that next step in your technical authoring career? Have you got some team leading experience? Would you enjoy managing a small team of experienced technical communicators while still keeping some hands-on writing responsibilities? Do you like liaising with project teams, engineers and management to get the best documentation out to customers? If you said yes to the above then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Our client, a leading innovator of revolutionary healthcare equipment, is looking for an experienced technical author with previous team leading responsibilities to join its well-established, friendly technical publications team. You'll be collaborating with all areas of the business, as well as third party suppliers, to create and update technical documentation to support their ground-breaking products. You'll also support the development and implementation of new practices, tools and techniques to encourage a highly innovative approach to technical documentation.
- A solid technical writing background with some previous team leading experience within a scientific, software, or life sciences environment.
- Experience with XML-based authoring tools.
- Competent in DITA XML, XML, Adobe FrameMaker, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to work collaboratively across global environments
- The ability to work under pressure and meet ever changing deadlines
- Ideally, previous experience with one or more of the following: Agile methodology; Ixiasoft CMS; previous healthcare equipment experience.