PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Energy Monitoring & Targeting Officer
£35,877 pa (London) £35,639 pa (Kent)
Flexible location - Croydon or Sittingbourne
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced Energy Officer who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast paced environment. If you have a proven track record of procuring and monitoring energy contracts, including benchmarking performance, carrying out data collection audits and measuring carbon reduction and savings, then a fabulous opportunity has arisen to join us as an Energy Monitoring and Targeting Officer.
In this exciting new role, you will:
• Oversee Optivo's Energy contracts including managing the Energy Broker
• Monitor energy use across Optivo's residential portfolio to identify savings
• Benchmark the performance of schemes and set savings targets
• Carry out data collection and energy audits across Optivo's portfolio of offices
• Identify, evaluate and rewrite existing Optivo's energy management processes
• Collate asset data on Optivo renewables and process subsidy income such as RHI and FiT
• Coordinate the rollout of smart meters to the estate
• Act as a central resource for energy related queries to the rest of the business
What you'll need
• Experience of reviewing and recording internal energy use processes with a view to implementing energy efficiency measures.
• Experience of working in a customer oriented environment and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders; providing advice and support regarding the technicalities of energy efficiency works and financial models to deliver these works.
• Knowledge and understanding of energy efficient services and products, renewable energy and low carbon energy generation.
• A pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving with a focus on fast practical solutions.
• The ability to work to deadlines, prioritise your own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
What's in it for you?
You'll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it's about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We're all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 9 May 2021 at 11pm.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS