Cost Management Accountant
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by CV-Library
Cost Management Accountant
37.5 hours per week
Up to £35,000 per annum D.O.E.
Do you want to work for a successful business in Telford?
Our successful Telford client has a Cost Management Accountant vacancy on a permanent basis. This Cost Management Accountant role will report directly to the Financial Controller and the main purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Financial Controller, be an integral part of the finance function, and maintain financial policies and management information systems.
You will be responsible for
* Produce monthly management accounts – Profit and loss and Balance sheet
* Provide Commentaries on key variances vs Budget, Prior year and Forecast
* Prepare analysis of sales and margins
* Analysis of various costs product cost against standard
* Liaise with other finance departments ensuring the books are closed to set deadlines, report on any issues that might delay the month end
* Update Fixed Asset Register
* Post depreciation journal
* Update relevant Capex schedules required for management accounts
* Log Capex Invoices
* Reconcile and maintain Intangible assets register
* Post finance lease journals, reconcile finance leases, check that any new contracts have been properly logged
* Check that GRNI has been fully reviewed and additional GRNI accruals have been posted
* Year End tasks - Liaison with auditors
* Assist with preparation of the year end accounts pack
* Any other ad hoc tasks as and when required
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running. The successful candidate will be working a lot with data, doing variance analysis, costing etc. so someone with an aptitude for the analytical side of the role would be great. A background in manufacturing would be an advantage however not essential.
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.