Scrum Master - coaching experience
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Emponics Limited
Our client are based in central Leicester, (though roles at the moment are mainly remote) are a SaaS company, they create innovative technology that makes business communications easier, quicker and more powerful by providing advanced communications software.
They are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Scrum Master and agile practitioner ideally with experience working in a cross functional team.
You will have a focus on embedding and delivering meaningful change. You will coach the team day-to-day to understand and embrace the principles of agile working (eg incremental and frequent delivery of value, reflect and learn and continuous improvement) to help them become the best team they can.
They are looking for a team player with high energy, humility and a strong personal drive to continue to build the great team and company spirit they have.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in Scrum Master role for a significant period of time (3+ years) for software development teams applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Challenge the team to continually improve by coaching them in agile practices, helping to support their growth and development as an agile team.
- Proactively seek to remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments.
- Make work transparent. Progress towards goals, quality and team health is measured, improved and radiated across the business.
- Champion continuous improvement by creating an environment of experimentation and learning.
- Guiding teams to improve by thinking about reducing cycle times, removing waste and increasing the flow of value.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Experience with widely successful agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience with multiple forms of agile delivery, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Working with the Product Manager with respect to managing and refining the product backlog
- Facilitate road mapping and scrum ceremonies (Daily Standups, Refinement, Sprint Planning, Demo, Retrospective)
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Good communication skills, intellect and energy
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- Always eager to learn new skills
- Resilient under pressure, flexible and adaptable to challenges
- Ability to build lasting collaborative relationships with people across the business
Very competitive salary, benefits inc Healthcare, Company pension, Life assurance and great working environment