Summer Food-Truck Driver
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Mystic Valley YMCA
The primary function of the Summer Food-Truck Driver is to transport summer food, including breakfast and lunch items, over specified routes to various YMCA sites operating during the Summer Food Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for complying with local traffic regulations
· Report delays, any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
· Assist in maintaining the company Food Truck. This includes keeping the Truck clean and orderly at all times.
· Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles; such as refueling gas, checking oil and water, and ensuring the vehicle is kept clean
· Assist with receiving, transporting, sorting and unloading food for the various sites
· Assist in distributing the food on service days as designated by Summer Food operations.
· Assist staff in carrying out other projects as needed
· Must have a valid Massachusetts Driver's license and a clean driving record.
· Ability to pass a CORI and SORI background check.
· Age 21+
· Reliable and dependable; able to prioritize tasks and adhere to a set schedule
· Must demonstrate a pleasant, professional disposition
· Comfortable working as part of a team
· Flexible and willing to adapt to change
· Able to handle the stress of a labor-intensive job
· Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to working schedules may be required due to changing business demands.
The work is performed both indoors and out, and will require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
We offer onsite paid safety training, membership discounts, retirement plan, available parking, close to Malden Center T station