Early Learning Teachers Aid
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Mystic Valley YMCA
The Teachers Aid position provides support for the program, the classroom and implements program curriculum. Provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring in our Early Learning Center.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
· Assist in implementing curriculum within the established guidelines.
· Assist with the design and implementing daily lesson/activity plans.
· Assist supervising the children, classroom and all activities.
· Assist with afternoon transportation services
· Assist with breaks and cleaning
· Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
· Maintains classroom supply and equipment needs.
· Ensure health and safety of all youth and staff including COVID
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
· Meet educational and experience qualifications established by state law.
· At least 18 years of age CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
· Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
· Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
· Previous experience with diverse populations and the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
Ability to participate in activities. Sit on the floor, reach, bend, stand, walk slowly and run fast. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.50 - $16.00 per hour