Grocery Program Coordinator
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Mystic Valley YMCA
The Grocery Program Coordinator shall be responsible for the coordination of all activities in involved in the operation of Malden Market and delivery of services to the clients. Those activities include assisting with volunteer recruitment, screening, training and scheduling as well as program coordination. The programs include: the pantry, the weekend groceries, pop up markets, and various food drives. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Community Programs and the incumbent shall keep the Director informed about the activities.
The Program Coordinator shall provide general supervision to all volunteers. The Program Coordinator will work in collaboration with senior level volunteers to provide client services and programs in order to carry out the mission of the Market and grocery programs. Supervision shall also include evaluation of the volunteers and programs and shall be carried out in a manner that provides leadership and motivation to all volunteers and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises the daily overall operation of the Malden Market and Malden weekend grocery programs. Daily operations include set-up and break down, check-in and distribution, stocking, inventory management, prepare bags for distribution, delivery management including unloading, and maintain cleanliness. Other duties as assigned.
2. Supervises the recruitment, screening, appointment, training, assignment and scheduling of all volunteer positions within the Malden Market.
3. Engages volunteers on a regular basis to review current programs and solicit ideas and opinions on organizational needs.
4. Conducts and summarizes annual client and volunteer surveys
Education and Experience Preferences
1. 3 years' work experience in managing large groups
2. Exceptional communication skills including speaking, listening and writing
3. Strong computer expertise including Microsoft products
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
5. Ability to independently prioritize and to function smoothly under pressure and within deadlines
6. Physical requirements includes the ability to lift up to 50bs, stand, bend, stoop, sit, reach, lift. Being able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
7. Able to operate a pallet jack to load or lift products
8. Bi-lingual speaking ability is a plus
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00am - 2:00pm. Wednesday and Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm; with occasional weekends and additional hours as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour