Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Aurora
Aurora is looking for an IT Technician to join our Oxford office
About the position
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Technician to maintain, support and enhance the IT offering of this highly successful energy analytics consultancy. To be successful in this role you will need to provide high quality support to our users, ensure that our systems are properly administered and develop on existing infrastructure and processes. You will play a vital role in onboarding new starters and will be a friendly and approachable member of the IT team.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users internally and externally.
You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this dynamic role together with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who has a high attention to detail and can hit the ground running. This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and to work within an innovative and growing SME
Aurora Energy Research is a dynamic and fast-growing energy analytics company. We provide research, consulting, and data-driven analytics on European and global energy markets that helps our clients navigate the global energy transformation.
Aurora was founded in 2013 by a group of University of Oxford academics on the premise that technological progress, and policies tackling climate change, render energy markets increasingly complex - but that this complexity yields to rigorous, sophisticated analysis and modelling.
Aurora is now a thriving, rapidly-growing company of over 130 staff with offices in Oxford, Berlin and Sydney. Demand for our services - spanning subscription research and consultancy - is immense, in the UK and abroad. We currently serve over 200 of Europe's most influential energy sector participants, and we expect to grow beyond 150 staff over the next 12 months.
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the center of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
What we are looking for
- A core component of this role will be to perform ticket-based user support tasks including end-user troubleshooting, laptop repair, system support and on/off boarding tasks for our UK and international users. This role will own the majority of user support tickets with escalation support from the wider IT team.
- Deploy and administer user software and systems including Office 365, SharePoint, anti-virus software and video conferencing tools.
- Manage, deploy and configure upgrades, software updates, security patches and other necessary items on an as-needed basis.
- Ownership of onboarding and offboarding processes, including hardware procurement and set-up, providing systems training and post-deployment support. Work with members of the Operations team to provide a seamless experience for new starters.
- Support large company calls using Webex, MS Teams and Zoom. Monitor and maintain video conferencing equipment, VOIP systems, and network devices.
- Work with the IT team to develop existing and new infrastructure in-line with the growth of the company.
- Provide a helping hand with ad-hoc operational tasks, including office moves and occasional furniture building.
- Provide regular reporting capabilities to the IT manager and wider business to communicate projects status, activities, and achievements.
- Support and develop seamless communication and relationships between our international offices and external suppliers.
- A-Level equivalent or above.
- Must have MS Office suite experience and be proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience using the tools required to complete the key requirements listed above, AzureAD and Intune Device Management are desirable.
- Proven work experience within an IT or Operations department is desirable.
- IT support qualifications, understanding of the ITIL framework and awareness of GDPR would be beneficial to the role.
- Be a self-motivated individual and a real team player with the empathy and drive to succeed and work autonomously when necessary.
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude and a willingness to proactively take on new tasks.
- Ability to use initiative, forward think and work under pressure.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels.
- A desire to progress within IT and develop technical skills.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your CV, a brief cover letter, your salary expectations and state your earliest possible start date by clicking apply now.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £23k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£23k - £27k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£18k - £24k Annual
£12 - £15 Hourly
£10 - £10.3 Hourly
£23k - £30k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual