Medical Physicist - Radiation Oncology - Ascension Sacred Heart
Posted on Apr 23, 2021 by Ascension
What You Will Do:
Ensure the quality of care in the use of radiation-producing sources and imaging equipment, while protecting patients and staff from radiation.
- Perform required calibrations on equipment.
- Recommend and justifie new equipment and products for the department.
- Conduct equipment performance reviews as needed and implement quality control procedures for imaging devices.
- Recommend radiation safety procedures to areas using radiation.
- Educate staff in radiation safety practices.
- Support all physics aspects of patient treatment including consultation with radiation oncologists, calculation of radiation doses, design and fabrication of treatment aids and assurance of the accuracyof all treatment parameters.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Medical Physicist specializing in Therapeutic Radiology credentialed from the Florida Council of Medical Physicists obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date required. Must be board eligible upon hire or job transfer date.
- Medical Physicist specializing in Therapeutic Radiology credentialed from the American Board of Radiology obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date required. Must be board eligible upon hire or job transfer date. Certification must be in Therapeutic Medical Physics.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities. When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work