Posted on Apr 22, 2021 by Perspecta
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Perspecta has an exciting opportunity for a Systems/Software Engineer to support a program for the USSOMC. The Systems/Software Engineer will:
- Provide subject matter and planning expertise developing a plan to build the capacity to support Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) responsibilities for a multi-vendor IL2 and IL5.
- Document current capabilities and shortfalls based off software expertise, hardware, training, and manpower.
- Review current Incident Response plan and Use Cases to identify and document shortfalls.
- Review current SIEM architecture to identify and document shortfalls.
- Identify any redundant cloud efforts in order to reduce CSSP complexity and resource requirements.
- Develop manpower estimate by task identified in the analysis to maintain Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS)/ Virtual Data Center Security Stack (VDSS).
- Develop SOPs and work instructions for operations and maintenance tasks associated with VMSS/VDMS capabilities for each IL and vendor.
- Develop a training and certification plan for personnel supporting VMSS/VDSS and CSSP responsibilities in each IL and vendor cloud as defined by SOCOM J6.
- Develop CND use cases for CSSP personnel supporting SOCOM clouds.
- Develop SIEM dashboards and ingest requirements for each IL and vendor.
- Develop proposed training schedule and timeline for each skillset gap identified.
- Document the proposed optimal VMSS/VDSS optimal architecture and data flows back to the SIE from the cloud vendors, and information flow to the SOCOM SIEM.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience providing enterprise-level IT architecture and engineering services
• Minumim Public Trust Required, Minimum Secret Clearance Desired
• Combination of 3 to 5 years of experience with SOF Information Environment (SIE), DoD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA), and Virtual Data Center Security Stack (VDSS) or other DoD cloud enterprise
• INCOSE CECP, ISC2 CISSP, or CompTia CASP certification
• Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE)
• AWS Solutions Architect certification (Associate or Professional)
• AWS Certified Security certification (Associate or Professional)
• Azure Solutions Architect certification (any)
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.