Posted on Apr 22, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client has identified a requirement for an infrastructure engineer/consultant to work in support of various consulting activities.
Candidates should be well versed on SQL databases (e.g. Oracle/SQL Server/Oracle ) and the Websphere platform. Any knowledge of the Maximo platform would be a distinct plus.
Our client, an IBM Maximo Gold partner and provider of asset management professional services has identified a requirement for a permanent Infrastructure Consultant who would hold responsibility for the design, establishment, standards, and governance within defined projects that form part of the role of their Systems Engineering team. ‘Hands on’ delivery of infrastructural system components that are efficient, effective and within the timelines agreed between the Head of Systems Engineering and Project Managers.
* Implementing agreed Infrastructure and related development plans within Systems Engineering and those projects being managed within the consultancy.
* Operate efficiently using agreed utilisation within defined projects.
* Support the development of infrastructure standards and processes used by the business during system implementations.
* Maintain agreed Governance standards in core infrastructure and systems implementation.
* Deliver others defined Infrastructure projects when required.
* Participate and take ownership where needed during the design of Infrastructure projects.
* Support the architectural design of Infrastructural solutions for delivery into internal, client on-premises and customer hosted environments. This includes clustering, hypervisors, VMWare, networking, firewalling, load balancing, database and any core infrastructure component.
* Implementation of security design and mechanisms that protect clients, applications and data, including Active Directory, TLS/SSL, LDAP and SAML configurations.
* Works within ISO 27001 principles and processes, ensuring they are adhered to where required.
* Implements both large and small scale Infrastructure solutions including IBM MAXIMO, IBM Websphere, IBM ACE(IIB) and a variety of database platforms (DB2, Oracle & SQL Server).
* Mentors’ colleagues and team members where required.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Required:
* Technical skills and a demonstrable aptitude for rapid and broad skills acquisition across a range of technologies
* Experience working within an Infrastructure team within defined projects that form part of a system delivery.
* Demonstratable track record in supporting the delivery of high performing, scalable solutions within established constraints of time and budget.
* Demonstratable technical competence across the pertinent Infrastructure components including networking, physical and virtual platforms, web servers, web application servers, database platforms, security, load balancing, firewalling and mobile.
* Ideally, knowledge of Maximo software and its related components.
* Good communication and inter-personal skills both internally and externally.
* Excellent written communication skill including the ability to author complex technical documents.
* Is a good team player and can demonstrate a caring approach amongst colleagues and team members.
* Skills & Personal Qualities – Desired:
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent with proven experience of Infrastructure and systems implementation projects.
* Certification in one or more proficiency.
* Knowledge of, or ability to learn about related application software, including its implementation.
* Ability to innovate and motivate
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £45k Annual
£130 - £180 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £46k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual