DIRECTOR OF HOUSING
Posted on Apr 22, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
We seek a Director of Housing for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. The Director of Housing reports directly to the Assistant Director of the Authority and works in partnership with the CEO and CFO to provide leadership to the Housing Authority; has a vital role in ensuring that the vision and mission of the Authority are realized.
The Director of Housing oversees the operations of the Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Multifamily Programs and Housing Authority maintenance and will direct and control the work of the Programs Supervisor, Housing Coordinator and Maintenance Supervisor. Work involves risk management, program and operations reporting for the Housing Authority, as well as developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations.
Though not all inclusive, additional responsibilities of the Director of Housing include:
- Monitors and analyzes HAP, voucher issuance, and participant attrition to ensure steady, authorized utilization of Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Monitors program performance and policy adherence; monitors proposed and pending legislation impacting operations/programs and develops responses.
- Ensures HUD performance standards and other reporting requirements are maintained.
- Serves as Housing Authority's 504 Coordinator, investigating complaints and assuring compliance with regards to physical and architectural barriers.
- Serves as Property Manager for Housing Authority commercial properties.
- Oversees Facilities Management including proposal and bid procedures, construction and remodeling, cooperative purchasing program, etc. Approves major purchases and payments for goods and services.
- May be required to attend monthly Board of Commissioners Meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, public administration, business or other related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in residential property management, the planning and management of a business or government program, public/senior housing, government law, procurement, non-profit or related field, which includes a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Public Housing Management (PHM) certification. If not certified, ability to become certified within one year of hire.
- Strong understanding of HUD rules and regulations governing public housing programs; state, federal, and local laws and/or regulations; and landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities and ability to enforce same.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people: residents, government officials, general public, coworkers, and vendors. Operates with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to be accountable for the performance of assigned staff and maintain an expectation for success. Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, mathematical, and recordkeeping skills.
- Strong problem solving skills involving several variables; ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to become proficient in Authority software (PHA Web).
- Must be available to respond to resident and property emergencies during non-duty hours, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the agency's vehicle insurance plan.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a customer-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short-term disability insurance; Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of three federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8), Multi-Family, and Public Housing programs. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer