Senior Java Software Engineer
Posted on Apr 22, 2021 by Job Juncture
The Senior Java Software Engineer will design, develop, document, unit test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house) using the Java programming language and related development technologies.
You may be a great fit for this Senior Software Engineering opportunity, IF
- You are a gifted Java Engineer; passionate about developing innovative SaaS based web applications.
- You are a collaborator. You thrive in environments that freely exchange ideas and viewpoints.
- Be a part of an agile team who is responsible for working cross-functionally with other peers and teams to deliver key organizational objectives.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs in their area of the codebase.
- Able to work in other areas of the codebase with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of our infrastructure and build system.
- Understand the business supported by your area of the codebase.
- Empathize with the user of the software and use that empathy to guide decision-making .
- Advise QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Take the initiative to fix issues before they escalate.
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt.
- Communicate technical decisions through design documentation and in the wiki.
- Mentor junior engineers via pair programming, design reviews and code reviews.
- Contribute frequently to departmental Lunch and Learn/Tech Talk programs.
- Communicate effectively across functions and is able to work well with other functional areas.
- Proactively identify problems/risks with requirements for their own work and adjacent work, and communicate these issues early to help course-correct.
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership and completion of complex tasks with minimal guidance as part of a team.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks, dealing with them efficiently and pulling in others as necessary.
- Strive to make accurate estimates and deliver high-quality software by project deadline.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE development experience.
- Strong Java/J2EE Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Solid understanding of Web Standards (XML, Web Services (WS*, REST).
- Strong knowledge in SQL and relational databases (MySQL experience preferred).
- Familiar with JSP.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies or related iterative development processes a plus.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns a plus.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.