Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Apr 22, 2021 by Thrivent
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.
For this position, we are looking for a fully qualified analyst who supports both the systems and the processes of the business unit, acting in a liaison role between the business and IT. Participates in case consultation of highly complex and escalated cases and provides support to the front-line team. Sets policy and procedures, updates documentation. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Leads small to moderate size projects by drafting requirements, performing updates, and designing and executing test cases. Responsible for data quality and the monitoring of reports and trending in the business unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex business systems, processes, data, and user needs.
- Analyzes and initiates business process improvements across wide range of processes, systems and business areas; sets direction and policy within span of control.
- Resolves highly complex issues escalated by the business team using simple, non-technical language. Can also consult with IT Personnel in a more technical manner and other business areas (ie Legal and Compliance) to help with resolutions.
- Manage and successfully deliver moderately complex projects. At times may provide and lead the direction of others.
- Defines scope, objectives and requirements on moderately complex projects. Assists in defining and designing system/business/data requirements and recommends solutions to moderately complex business needs.
- Ownership of analysis and implementation of regulatory routings to ensure compliance; Review and recommend updates to prospectus and contract language to ensure business practices are compliant.
- Assists in defining, developing, and providing information and analysis to drive and support decision-making for moderately complex processes and business operations for internal and external customers.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 4-6+ years of experience in the business system analyst field or related area
- Technical expertise and strong understanding within multiple (3+) functional areas
- Moderate levels of analysis and independence
- Solid working knowledge of systems design process and methodology as well as knowledge/use of systems tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and other applications/software as required
- Familiarity with testing tools
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.