Senior .Net Developer
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by National Vision
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
The Developer III focuses on custom development and support of web-based applications for National Vision, AC Lens and other parent company ecommerce websites. This position work with business analysts and product owners to deliver applications that meet ever-changing requirements for the company to continue providing valuable services to its customers.
What would you do? - The Specifics
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs, maintains, and documents the front end and backend development of custom platform built on ASP.NET MVC, which utilizes object-relational mapping, dependency injection, unit testing and design patterns
- Develops time estimates for project deliverables with the assistance from experienced developers
- Collaborates with end users and project team members on development of requirements, design, and testing of applications
- Advises manager of risks, issues, and concerns
- Learns new software tools and skills as needed
- Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving
- Leads team members in analysis, design, and testing of solutions
- Oversees test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing
- Adheres to application security best practices and compliance requirements
- Develops and supports robust, dynamic, scalable applications to support expanding and evolving business challenges
- Provides technical quality assurance at various points along a project lifecycle
- Translates functional and non-functional requirements into solution designs
- Mentors software developers to improve their coding skills and use of best practices and standards
- Performs code reviews, ensuring that team members are following the design standards
- Other duties as assigned
Are you the right fit? - The Suitable Talent
- Associate's Degree required; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience with 5+ years of experience working with OOP and unit testing concepts
- Working experience in .NET MVC Framework utilizing C#
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Extensive experience working with HTML/CSS and jQuery
- Experience with SQL Server development (PL/SQL) and relational schema design
- Experience in creating/maintaining of micro services using RESTful, JSON, .NET and open source frameworks
- Leads, develops, and manages team activities ensuring functions are executed effectively
- Provides assistance to the senior team members when comes to architecture design
- Demonstrated competency in the design, programming and testing of web-based applications
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities; effective interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail
- Can effectively work as part of a team and work with others across the organization to achieve a common goal
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems quickly
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website to learn more.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $128k Annual