Quality Control Technician
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by CV-Library
CK Group are recruiting for an experienced Quality Control Technician to join an inks manufacturing company based near Grantham, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is an established inks manufacturer now looking for a quality technician to join their team. As a Quality Control Technician, you will be responsible to the Technical Director and the main purpose of your role will be to perform quality control tests on a variety of outgoing products in order to ensure they are of a merchantable quality. The company is looking to offer a salary in the region of circa £20,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
This Quality Control Technician role is located at the company's site near Grantham. It is accessible by road from surrounding areas including Newark, Nottingham, Melton Mowbray etc.
Quality Control Technician Role:
You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the QC procedures are prioritised and completed as soon as possible.
- Responsibility for printing inks using both screen printing and Rotary Letterflex printing techniques.
- Transferring finished prints for durability testing using a heat press.
- Completing and updating durability test sheets for all outgoing products, including sash testing at various temperatures, dye-migration tests, rub tests using a Crockmeter, cut and fold simulation etc.
- Investigating causes and solutions of any failed tests.
- Any other duties assigned by the Technical Director.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of e.g. draw down tests, viscosity, colour matching, rub resistance, etc.
- Experience gained within the inks, paints or coatings industry.
- A quality control mindset with good attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks.
- Proficient with computers/Microsoft Office applications.
- Good time keeping/record keeping.
- Driving license required as the site is not easy to reach via public transport.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50453