Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Bench IT Limited
Java/Scala Developers - Data Engineering project - x 5 £700 per day
REMOTE WORKING CONTRACT 6 months +
Spark streaming and primary programming language Scala or Java
Leading consultancy is urgently recruiting for some experienced Data Engineers with Java OR Scala as the primary programming language using Spark streaming and Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka on an Azure cloud transformation project. The RDBMS' of choice are Cosmos/Mongo and they are using HDInsight, and ADLS.
*Please apply for immediate interviews and start date the following week*
The successful Java/Scala Developers - Data Engineering project -- Spark streaming and primary programming language Scala or Java
- Develop and peer review of LLD (Initiate/participate in peer reviews) of Data pipeline designs.
- Ability to debug data pipeline failures, suggest enhancements and apply continuous improvements to the overall Data ingestion and curation process.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience of having worked in Retail Banking domain will be a big plus.
- Ensure test documentation/reporting is accurate, meaningful and aligns with business objectives.
- Communicate effectively the daily status risks/issues/dependencies, track progress and manage issue workflow to resolution.
- Collaborate with development and business teams to ensure seamless communication and coordination with team members.
- Participates as a team member and fosters teamwork by inter-group coordination within the modules of the project.
- Train and coach members of project groups to ensure effective knowledge management activity.
Technical Skills required for the position of Java/Scala Developers - Data Engineering project -- Spark streaming and primary programming language Scala or Java
- Spark Streaming
- Azure HDInsight, ADLS, Cosmos (Mongo)
- Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka
- Scala or Java as primary programming language