Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
Home Based, United Kingdom
23 May 2021
Location: Remote with 1-2 days a week in office (Offices in West Yorkshire and Reading)
Our client are an Agile team of tech experts, game-changers and creative-thinkers, changing the future of their industry forever and making a real difference in people's lives.
They are using human-centred technology to make services more personal, relevant and predictive to the way that people live today.
This role will build our client's digital products by following modern development practices to deliver quality working software. In our client's digital team, life is varied, fast paced and focused on delivery - they're a team that plays together as well as working; and they're looking for exceptional talent who want to take their their skills and expertise to the next level.
The Senior Software Engineer will operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, within one of the product delivery teams - they will follow best practices for software engineering and contribute towards continuously improving the processes, standards and tools used for delivery. They will work with IT Service to support the continuous integration and delivery approach, including automated deployment of software into production, and manage the resolution of incidents for software they own.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and implement products by applying knowledge of design principles, procedures and practices
- Coordinate with the Lead Engineer, deputising their role to cover absence
- Apply extensive knowledge of design principles & patterns, procedures and practices
- Participate constructively in architecture, design, coding and security reviews
- Contributes to the relevant scrum events; sprint planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/demos and retrospectives
- Develop and manage technical documentation to agreed standards
- Take ownership to overcome technical problems and live incidents
- Produce low-level design outputs to enable other engineers to effectively develop software
- Investigate and develop prototypes and proof of concepts using new technical developments relevant to component area of expertise
- Coach the team to follow excellent coding practices and quality standards
- Ensure test driven development (TDD), and behaviour driven development (BDD), principles are followed wherever possible
- Back End - .Node.js
- Supporting technology skills - Gitlab, AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenText, Mulesoft, and Terraform
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Expert in at least one technology domain
- Experience in Agile software development methodology/methodologies
- Ability to use TDD and automated testing
- Ability to setup a development project from scratch
- Understanding of code quality and ability to setup appropriate tooling
- Ability to set up a standard CI/CD pipeline
- Understand the importance of containerisation
- Mentoring skills with experience in mentoring and supporting engineers in Agile software development teams
- Understanding of secure coding standards and practices
- Understanding of Agile working practices, Continuous Integration, GIT Flow, modern development (.Net/Java) patterns and practices