Clinical Application Analyst
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
The Clinical Application Analyst II is responsible for independently providing major enterprise application configuration support as well as other applications as assigned to enhance operational efficiencies and patient safety.
- Performs needs assessment, software design, implementation, support, and reporting.
- Independently facilitates design of clinical workflow in conjunction with the clinicians; workflows will focus on improved efficiencies, solving complex workflow issues and incorporating quality initiatives.
- Coordinates and participates in unit and integrated testing activities of the software to ensure that the design objectives are met, including the development of testing scripts.
- Participates in change management activities to support successful system deployments and enhancements.
- Leads components of development of end-user training materials and participates in training efforts.
- Assists other team members in ensuring good documentation standards.
- Leads escalation of issues with appropriate internal resources.
- Identifies and analyzes moderately complex issues with vendor assistance and brings problem tickets to resolution.
- Develops policies and procedures in collaboration with clinicians, other system analyst team members, and IT Clinical team manager.
- Independently manages components of application upgrades and troubleshooting efforts.
- Supports and troubleshoots Hospital Information Systems interfaces for inbound/outbound and billing orders.
- Creates reports, dashboards, and other analytical tools to support customer base.
- Creates and maintains appropriate system documentation.
- Works with other clinical and application analysts to insure system integrations.
- Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and standards.
- Provides direction to junior team members.
- Performs call rotation duties as required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years of IT experience supporting applications is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical environment is highly desired.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment (ie printers, copy machine, FAX machine, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of MS Visio and Project required.
- Knowledge of SQL databases required.
- Knowledge of LAN, DNS, and networking required.
- Ability to work with Servers and apply software upgrades required.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and backup procedures required.
Must have experience working with clinical applications such as:
- Laboratory systems (CoPath, Soft Lab, HCLL Blood Bank)
- Radiology systems
- Pharmacy systems (Management, dispensing)
- Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Perioperative systems (Picis)
- Cardiology systems (HeartLab)
- Home Health systems
- Emergency Department systems
- Ambulatory EMR systems
- Document Management systems
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future