Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Financial Institution is currently seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. Candidate will be incorporating infrastructure design, maintenance, support, and planning to build and advocate for Cloud adoption, as well as aid in setting standards for cloud deployments and implementing best practice cloud operations.
- Develop automation and self-service jobs for the app dev teams
- Build and architect infrastructure to support new applications and microservices as we shift workload to the cloud and develop new cloud-native applications
- Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications
- Define infrastructure delivery strategies, standards, processes, technologies, and tools in the technical visions
- Develop tools to enable other engineers such as CI/CD pipelines, container schedulers, and custom applications.
- Experience with deployment systems across major Cloud vendors including AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure, with strong expertise in AWS
- Experience in implementing Secure Architectures for private and/or public Internet facing systems
- Applied experience and knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, including Terraform
- Strong understanding of networking and Internet protocols and distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing fault tolerance and scalable systems for the cloud
- Experience in cloud cost optimization and budget management
- Working knowledge of Shared Responsibility models
- Background in software development
- Prior experience building out CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Thorough understanding of the financial markets a plus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.