Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by CV-Library
Payroll Technician | Shrewsbury | £Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits | Permanent job opportunity
Seymour John are working with a leading professional services business to recruit for a payroll technician.
A leading firm of accountants who have grown by acquisition and now operate across 6 sites covering Shropshire, Mid-Wales and the North West.
Working as part of an established payroll team, at their Shrewsbury office (with free parking and close to local amenities)
You will be working within a payroll bureau setting and will be responsible for managing multiple client payrolls, engaging directly with both the clients and employees.
You will liaise with clients to ensure all necessary documentation has been received and make certain that they are meeting their legal obligations.
You will process SSP, SMP, and other calculations and deductions, AOEs and occupational entitlements, ensuring accuracy and meeting HMRC, GDPR and PAYE obligations and liabilities.
You will play a key role in payroll year-end, checking reports and issuing P60s to HMRC deadlines.
You will gather a full understanding of the clients’ pensions schemes and process these in accordance with scheme set ups. You will ensure contributions are processed in line with deadlines and that contributions are balanced back to payroll for reporting purposes.
The successful applicant will have proven payroll and pensions experience. You will be a methodical worker who is able to work systematically to ensure all data is recorded and delivered in an accurate way. You will have excellent communication skills, and you will liaise with HMRC (PAYE/CIS), pension providers and your clients to resolve any queries as they arise, advising concisely of the best course of action. Our client is an employer of choice locally, they have a first-class reputation, and they support their staff to develop and reach their full potential. In addition, the business also provides excellent benefits, free parking and are based in a great location near local amenities.
For further information please contact Kerry at Seymour John Ltd
European Accounts Receivable Supervisor:
The European Shared Service Centre supports the back-office finance functions for our plants in the UK and Germany. This role will report to the Shared Services Manager. Reporting to this position will one Accounts Receivable analyst.
This is a maternity cover with immediate start for 6 months.
* Responsible for ensuring AR aging’s are kept clean and are meeting the desired operating metrics for cash application and collection.
* Responsible for analyzing and identifying risks in the AR accounts and communicating to the Controllers provision for each month end
* Works with the commercial and operations teams to resolve AR open issues.
* Responsible for maintaining internal control’s that will ensure the safeguarding of the assets of the business.
* Coordinates cash forecasting with the regional treasury team.
* Responsible for reviewing the CSOX risk control matrix and completing the associated self testing.
* Seeks out ways to streamline and improve the AR processes.
* Manage the one member team
* Any other adhoc task which will be needed to run the department.
Desired Traits and Qualifications:
* A self-starter who can operate with little supervision or direction.
* Selfbill reconciliation experience.
* Experience in using multiple ERP systems within one company. (SAP preferably)
* Competent with communicating and resolving issues with customers and other stakeholders.
* Previous supervisory experience highly regarded.
* An individual who is comfortable with building and mentoring teams.
* Ability to clearly communicate, elevate and resolve issues as they arise.
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£10.3 - £10.3 Hourly
£20k - £23k Annual