Software Development Manager - Galway - €500-550 per day
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Ref. NITA 128633
Global Leader in the field of global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs has an urgent requirement for 2 x Software Development Managers at their offices in Galway, Ireland.
In addition to daily rates, these roles offer ambitions Development Managers the chance to gain experience in a cutting-edge environment with one of the world's largest insurance companies.
While initially offer on a 4-6 months basis, the scope of projects both planned and already underway at the company is such that there is a strong probability of the successful candidates being extended beyond this.
Responsibilities of role
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- Work in close collaboration with development teams and provide technical leadership for projects related to automation of application rollout.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems.
- Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques.
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business.
- Advises application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximising their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Assists in developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs
- Responsible for monthly financial management and administrative activities.
- Full people management responsibility for assigned team resources.
- Ensure vendor performance and deliverables meet contract specifications.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (Level 8)/diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 8+ years of related work experience with a focus in one or more of the following: Java, Spring, Hibernate, AS400, DB2, MSQL, Jasper, SSRS
- 2+ years management, supervisory or team lead experience
- Working knowledge of Agile development methods/techniques (such as User Stories. Test Driven Development, continuous testing, etc.)
- Strong project management skills - Certification preferred
- Experience working with Global teams
- Experience managing offshore teams an advantage
In addition to the skills and experience outlined above, the ideal candidate will be down to earth and not afraid of innovation. Good leadership qualities, strong communications skills and a high level of adaptability are also essential.
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall by phone or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site