Lunix System Engineer/Automation
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a a Senior level UNIX/Linux Engineer. The ideal candidate will have come up through help desk, to server administration, has some Storage Network experience and has moved in to heavily focusing on automation/Scripting with an interest in DevOps. Experience with some modern technologies such as Ansible, AWS, containers would be great. This is primarily a Linux Systems Administration job requiring strong automation Scripting experience growing into DevOps as they grow into DevOps on premise.
*Candidates will be required to be onsite 1 day a week during Covid and once its safe to go back to an office environnment, every day in the offcie is required*
*Our of state candidates must relocate to GA for day 1 of work*
*client cannot accept H1 Visa applicants on a C2C*
UNIX/Linux Administrator Job Description
- Install, Configure, and Manage Linux environments.
- Strong Administration of Red Hat/Oracle Enterprise Linux operating system and various Linux OS
- Create, Manage, and Apply automation for deployment and configuration
- Provision server build out within virtualization such as SAN
- System administrator must have experience working on server's running Oracle database and RAC database.
- Assist with WebLogic, Tomcat and JBoss installation and administration when necessary
- Assist in planning, installing and administration of Disaster Recovery for Linux Servers
- Ensure all Unix/Linux based Servers are adhering to change control and are audited
- Understand and able to configure Postfix, DNS/bind/named, NTPD, SSH, LVM, multipath, Samba/CIFS
- Ensure quarterly server patching
- Maintaining documentation and diagrams for both daily operations and Disaster Recovery
- Assist Backup Administrator with Unix/Linux backups using Commvault
- Create, update and follow SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management.)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Must Have)
- 5 - 10 year's administrative experience with Linux Red Hat preferred +, Other Linux distribution)
- Some exposure to automation (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, etc)
- Five (5) years of systems-level Scripting/programming experience (bash, Korn, KSH, Perl, python, C, etc)
- Three (3) years of experience VMware Virtualization administration experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player with appropriate corporate conduct
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, sockets and experience w/using utilities such as nmap, tcpdump, snoop and Wireshark.
- Understanding of PKI
- Some networking experience with a focus on Cisco hardware a plus
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
Desire but not required
- RHCSA, RHCE Linux, certifications are a plus
- Assist with PeopleSoft (Primavera) support when necessary
- Assist with Red Hat Satellite server installations and administration.
- Knowledge of StoreOnce is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SolarWind Storage Manager is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SolarWind Orion Manager is a strong plus
- Skill with Scripting in BASH, KSH and python a plus
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".