Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by CV-Library
Bristol, London or Manchester
Our client is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy working primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation.
A vacancy currently exists for an Economist to successfully undertake a range of tasks including desktop research, technical report writing, contributing to bids, complex excel based modelling and preparing presentations for clients. You will be involved in multiple projects at once; including assessing economic and financial instruments, market analysis, cost-benefit analysis, environmental valuation, and ex-ante assessment of EU and UK policy proposals. You will be flexible, comfortable under pressure, have a strong work ethic, and an ability to learn technical work in a range of areas. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share the company’s commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
* A degree in economics or related numerate discipline;
* Demonstrable experience of delivering economic analysis using a range of tools including at least two of the following:
* Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis;
* Undertaking ex-ante policy appraisal;
* Analysing of shifts in supply and demand as a result of policy changes;
* Knowledge/experience of environmental valuation using advanced non-market valuation techniques.
* Strong technical understanding of a range of sustainability/ environmental issues from an economics viewpoint;
* Excellent research and data analysis skills; and
* Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing.
* Experience of statistical and/or econometric modelling using R, Stata, SPSS or other data analysis software packages
* A Masters (or higher) degree in economics or environmental economics
This role can be based out of the company's offices in Bristol, Manchester or London. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.