Analytical Scientist/Analytical Development Scientist/Senior
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Senior Research Associate II - Analytical Operations, Cork
A research-based biopharmaceutical company in Cork, Ireland.
Therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Rate: €30-40 p/hr LTD
Duration: 12-month fixed term contract with a view to roll over
Senior Research Associate II, within the Analytical Operations function.
Note: This role may necessitate flexibility to accommodate business activities across different time zones.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Executes assigned experiments and lab tasks efficiently, consistently, with high quality and suggests improvements.
- Prepares and executes study protocols and reports.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques, in collaboration with Supervisory personnel, to perform method development.
- Interprets and analyses data from experiments for both accuracy and impact.
- May create API or drug product specifications as well as test methods and study protocols/reports.
- Prepares reports based on analysis and interpretation of data.
- May have a specific area of specialization such as a study type or specific technology in lab.
- Collaborates within Gilead & contract test labs to develop & validate methods.
- May present data to job family project sub-teams.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature, regulatory requirements and applies appropriately to research projects.
- Receives limited instruction and is able to work independently.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
Skills & Expertise:
- Develops skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Maintains high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to development projects.
- Uses strong communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills to communicate objectives and results.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of GMPs, pharmacopoeial, regulatory requirements for analytical testing, phase appropriate standards for method validation.
- Advanced knowledge of current Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Competent in the operation of Analytical Instrumentation including Dissolution Baths, KF, UPLC & HPLC proficient in LIMS & Empower etc.
Typical Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with BA or BS degree in Chemistry or Biology.
- 3+ years of experience with MS degree in Chemistry or Biology.
If you match these requirements, please apply as usual. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action it and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly. Elevate provides a route to contract and contingent assignments across many skills areas by matching your profile to relevant jobs that our customers post to the platform.
Please note that Elevate Direct is a software provider and not a recruitment agency. As such, Elevate is not involved in the recruitment processes for any employer, who uses the platform. Please contact employers directly through your Elevate profile with any queries related to your application.