Senior Business Analyst - Accounting (Odyssey)
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
- To work as a Senior Business Analyst within the project reporting into the Workstream Lead/Project Manager
- Extensive interactions with Business and IT would be required to understand the business requirements and the design approaches agreed with consensus.
- Extensive analytical work will also be required to support the business requirements and/or to challenge the status quo; and to provide a pragmatic and scalable resolution to the problem/opportunity
- Responsible for the gathering of business requirements, documentation of the business requirements including putting forward recommendations for solutions, where required.
- Preparation of functional specifications and use cases for the delivery of the business requirements.
- Preparation of test plans, test cases, co-ordinating with users and IT during the testing phase
- Execution of specific test cases
- Liaison with business users for executing the "User Acceptance Test" and securing sign-off
- Preparation of the documentation and steps for deployment, including user training where required.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- The project has a very tight delivery plan
- Extended business hours may be required at times to meet deadlines
- At times, it may be required that the individual is flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities in ambiguous situations
- The individual will largely be working with an offshore team, across time zones, across cultures - an appreciation and respect of this diversity is essential, and has to be Embedded in the work culture within the Team
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience Range - 12 years+ in Business Analysis
- Experience in accounting, or has a good understanding of financial/regulatory requirements and has worked extensively with users in these areas
- Strong business analytical skills and logical reasoning; ability to challenge the business on status quo
- Full cycle project implementation experience
- Experience with Waterfall/AGILE/Scrum project methodology and Odyssey Tools
- Experience of working with onshore/offshore model
- Experience of working closely with IT and Support Teams
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Active Listening skills
- Strong sense of ownership, can deliver independently with minimal supervision
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting tools (eg QLIK, Axiom)
- Analytical Tools (eg OBIEE, Tableau)
- Big Data projects/technologies
- General Ledger systems, Financial Consolidation tools (eg Hyperion Financial Management)
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) related projects
- Advanced Excel User
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.