Senior Network Security Engineer Job
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Under the Manager, Network security, this role's primary function is to help with all aspects of Network security functions. You will be joining a great team of technologists who are doing some great things to secure the organization.
Primary functions include supporting the team, be the extra set of hands with Firewall management, Remote Access Management, help with the NAC platform. This role involves helping with monitoring a ticket queue and taking ownership of incidents, assigning owners based on team and location, and tracking tasks to completion. These administrative tasks also include role mapping for our VPN solution, administratively assigning access groups and managing that ticket queue as well. This role is also responsible to coordinate with the vendor managed services to coordinate and troubleshoot a fleet of 220+ physical locations firewalls through central management software as well as alert monitoring and escalations for afterhours critical issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help with support of firewalls - policy, configurations and upgrades
- Managing our Forescout implementation, implementing new plugins and functionality across the corporate landscape
- Coming up with remediation plans and tasks based on criticality of alerts
- Collaborating with offshore teams for additional resources where needed
- Following SOPs for firmware upgrades, reviewing patch notes, keeping tabs on software releases for all responsible hardware
- Monitoring alerts and working ticket queues during downtime
- Metric reporting on tickets, rogues, stales, etc.
- Ticket management, tracking, escalations of operational tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology, with a concentration on Information Security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- 2+ years of experience in managing Firewall rules, patching, upgrades and support
- Experience with Checkpoint and Fortinet firewalls
- Experience with Pulse Secure and configuring IPSec tunnels
- Hands-on technologist who is ready to ready to take initiative and report room for improvement, process improvements
- Strong communication, collaborative attitude and consensus building is a must
- Must be familiar with Active Directory and identity mapping for security appliances.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and track tasks, ownership.
- Ability to take ownership to completion of remediation tasks.
- Knowledge of dynamic routing protocols
Nearest Major Market: Worcester