Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Apr 21, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
We're up for an exciting journey - and we want you to join us.
We are working with several global leaders in IT/Teleco services, consulting & business solutions, with a large network of innovation & delivery centres. The purpose of this project is to assist our clients to achieve their business objectives by providing innovative, best-in-class consulting, solutions and services and to make it a painless process for all stakeholders to work with us to achieve their projects goals.
- Person to possess the basic networking skills to directly console to a device and perform basis configuration
- Team to possess knowledge on Telecom connectivity kits (Cat cable punching tool,MDF punching etc.)
- Person to have knowledge on different types of Ethernet and fiber Cables. Follow cabling standards (TIA-568 standard; ) & fiber testing equipment
- Under break fix activities repair/replace faulty equipment and software to the applicable OEM recommendation, peripheral cabling (E. g patch cables used to connect wall blocks, line interface units, etc. )
- Tasks to be performed by FSO under onsite MACD'S are below
- Add/remove CSU/DSU
- Add/remove out of band access devices/modems
- Add a Router, switch,Firewall or its modules and cards (chassis-based or non-chassis based)
- Rogue device identification (tracing the cable from the switch to the end location)
- Technician to have knowledge on MS Visio to create applicable documentation and security and network related knowledge to perform these tasks (eg, network diagrams, CMDB data, compliance documentation, DNS records, Change records)
- Technician to perform Site surveys perform (including wireless LAN site surveys) to capture all in-scope equipment and related peripheral Equipment located at a Site, and to ensure all Site documentation is accurate and up-to-date and conducted in accordance with client and OEM standards.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience as deskside/Onsite support/local IT engineer
- Strong Experience in providing Hands & feet Support for Network
- Strong knowledge and experience of Router and Switches
- Strong knowledge on hardware, software, and networking concepts
- Good knowledge in KVM
- Strong knowledge on cables and connectors etc CAT45,fiber cables,SFP etc.
- Strong Customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like you?
If you are up to the task of being responsible for software tech innovation in a fast-moving organization, then this position is a perfect match for you. Please send me your resume and along with a short motivation about why you would like to join us as swiftly as you can.