.Net Software Engineer/Developer (.Net Core, C#)
Posted on Apr 20, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
9 May 2021
Location: Remote/Reading (1-2 days a week in office)
Our client are an Agile team of tech experts, game-changers and creative-thinkers, changing the future of their industry forever and making a real difference in people's lives.
They are using human-centred technology to make services more personal, relevant and predictive to the way that people live today.
This role will build our client's digital products by following modern development practices to deliver quality working software. The Software Engineer will operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team - they will follow best practices for software engineering and contribute towards continuously improving the processes, standards and tools used for delivery.
They will work with IT Service to support the continuous integration and delivery approach, including automated deployment of software into production, and support the resolution of incidents for software they own. They will also learn from more senior members of the team and participate in the Engineering Chapter, to understand and learn good practice from peers in teams contributing where appropriate.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop and implement products
- Develop and manage technical documentation to agreed standards
- Engage constructively in code reviews with understanding of code quality
- Take ownership to overcome technical problems and live incidents
- Investigate and develop prototypes and proof of concepts using new technology
- Adhere to change control procedures
- Supports the relevant Scrum events; sprint planning/user story estimation, daily standups, sprint reviews/demos and retrospectives
- Identify and address technical debt
- Escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Assist with mentoring and training apprentice/trainee engineers in your Squad
- Ensure test driven development (TDD), and behaviour driven development (BDD), principles are followed wherever possible
- Invests in learning about the wider business, developing their knowledge of insurance as a business domain
- Continue to develop your own skills and an awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to your areas of expertise
- Actively participates in the department's professional life through contributions to lunch and learns, show and tells, hackathons, monthly town halls and other team events
- Back End - .NET Core/C#, Java, Springboot, Node.js, SQL, NOSQL/MongoDB
- Supporting technology skills - Gitlab, AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenText, Mulesoft, and Terraform
- Ability to translate business requirements into code
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Understanding of design patterns
- Good level of OOP understanding and able to apply SOLID/DRY/Gang of Four principles, where relevant
- Understand dependency injection/dependency graph, where relevant
- Engages in pair programming
- Ability to develop unit and integration tests, or follow this approach with any configuration activities
- Ability to write code which caters to browser/device/responsive design where relevant
- Understanding of databases and data-driven design
- Able to apply CQRS to code - ability to document code
- Understanding of CI/CD
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more, please contact Jackie Dean at Jumar ASAP.