Posted on Apr 20, 2021 by EXCIS COMPLIANCE LTD
The Desktop Technician will provide day to day local/remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in a ticketing system.
- The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT
- Support Center.
- Desktop Support Engineer provides Break Fix, fault diagnosis systems and platforms, as well be able to provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite.
Ideal candidate should have:
Position Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide first/second level contact and problem resolution for customer issues.
- Work with Third Party Vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents and requests.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, any other authorized desktop application.
- Should have basic knowledge of Mac operating system, to support Apple PC users.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware.
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers.
- Performs remedial repairs on Desktops, laptops, printers and any other
- authorized peripheral equipment.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and Workstation hardware/software.
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment
- requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
Daily Tasks will include
- Reporting on all open tasks (incident and requests), prioritization of activities to ensure all SLA's are adhered to and reporting on any potential failures including mitigation on the below or as otherwise stated by your line manager:
End user support
- IMAC/D - Install, Move, Add & Change/decommission
- Hardware Break Fix - Troubleshooting and co-ordination with OEM Vendor
- Desk Side Support - Desk Side Support provides problem diagnosis and resolution for authorized operating systems and application software residing on Devices.
- Spares Management - Management of stock in dedicated sites
- Printer Support - Basic H&E support and co-ordination with managed print service provider only in dedicated sites
Hands & Eyes Support (H&E)
- Hands and eyes support provide for an on-site service specialist to visually verify the state of a Device and to perform tasks at the direction of a remote support subject matter expert in order to rectify an Incident.
- Provide Hand and Eyes Support as requested through a Service Request;
- Contact the remote SME for service instruction; and
- Perform activities as directed by the remote SME for the respective towers (DC, Networks or Fixed Voice).
These are simple activities like:
- Device observation (eg: checking status of an equipment: on/off, LED color)
- Physical device re-boot or shutdown.
- Onsite troubleshooting according to support team.
- Device reconfiguration according to support team.