Information Services Governance Manager - Financial Services - 100% Remote (ANYWHERE IN EU)
Posted on Apr 19, 2021 by Bison
Information Governance Manager is required by our client, a financial services leader with a large programme of IT projects and pipeline
Based anywhere remotely in the EU, we require an experienced IT/IS Governance professional with a proven track record in setting up and executing governance procedures and controls across an organisation
This is a hands on role and reporting directly into the CTO
The Information Governance team has global responsibility for ensuring we have the information about our business activities to enable us to carry out, understand, monitor and manage our business.
This role entails furthering that goal through engagement with stakeholders in identifying our information needs and fostering a culture of responsibility for data by data owners as we transform our business from its current operating model to our target operating model.
It will also entail overseeing/participating in information and data related projects aimed at meeting the needs identified, include projects relating to corporate acquisitions and projects aimed at meeting the changes in our business arising from both acquisitive and organic growth.
A key part will include the expansion of meta-data repositories such as data dictionaries and business glossaries to help ensure consistency and foster understanding of our data and of its importance throughout the business
- Define, build and implement a global enterprise Data Strategy, which include Canonical Data Models, Data Dictionary,Business Glossary, Data Ecosystem/Landscapes & Metadata Repository. Refined existing asset
- Design, build and implement Enterprise Data Management governance frameworks /
- Perform data capability assessment and present finding and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to identify our information needs and promote a culture of data ownership and responsibility
- Keep up to date with industry standards and methodologies (ACORD, CPML and FPML)
- Driving and supporting the application of the core principles Embedded in our target operating model.
- Produce proposals for developing our information capabilities and standards in transitioning from our current model to our target model.
- Participate in projects with an information governance impact, eg integration and harmonisation projects
Essential previous experience/qualifications
- Experience in an information governance role - eg working with stakeholders in the development of data dictionaries and business glossaries
- A high level of experience with computerised business systems
- A high level of experience in developing processes and procedures
- Experience on working with diverse data needs of a business
- Experience working on formally managed projects
- Must be able to productively work from home
- Professional data management qualifications eg CDMP
- Experience with Dynamics 365 and Navision
- Experience with Salesforce
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Exceptionally strong organisational skills with a structured, methodical and pragmatic approach.
- Professional and positive.
- Diligent with attention to detail.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Collaborates well.
- Dynamic and vigorous.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Assertive, adaptable and creative.
- Desire to learn.
- Commercially minded.
- A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.