Poultry Farm Manager - Breeders
Posted on Apr 19, 2021 by CV-Library
Role: Poultry Farm Manager - Breeders
Responsible to: Area Manager
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the successful management and production of the Farm to meet specific KPIs. These relate to meeting the business needs in terms of chick production, quality and cost
* Day to day management of the farm
* Leading the team in Biosecurity, Welfare & H&S, including undertaking monthly training topics with team members to ensure high standards always
* Carrying out regular welfare checks including at night
* Carrying out regular production checks
* Manage working hours, authorising and processing of timesheets
* Team member performance management, including completion of probation periods annual reviews and disciplinary processes
* Organise and lead team meetings
* Authorise holiday and ensure planned manpower
* Training of all new starters to the team.
* Organise and lead company Teams when necessary including, Farm clean, disinfections, Grading, Chick placements, Transfers and Vaccinations
* Achieving specific company production objectives
* Maintaining farm records for external/internal audits
* Ordering supplies
* Stock management
* Cost management
* Drive continual improvement through efficiencies and innovation.
* Development and training of team members (relating to their roles)
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Skills and Experience Required
Any successful applicant will need the following skills:
* Have a genuine desire to lead a team.
* Have strong communication skills.
* Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
* Be flexible and adaptable.
* Proactive and Driven.
* Being able to work efficiently on own initiative
* Proven experience and success within the industry
Salary range depending on experience