Scientist I/II, Purification
Posted on Apr 19, 2021 by Bevov
Job Description Our client is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist to join the company's research drug discovery efforts and lead our biologics purification platform and research capabilities. S/he is expected to help champion purification & characterization efforts of lead LYTAC programs. A successful candidate has a thorough knowledge of purification theory and a demonstrated history advancing research molecules into pre-clinical development. Responsibilities
- Purification of lead/reagent antibodies from mammalian tissue culture (hybridoma, 293, CHO)
- Purification of recombinant proteins for research pipeline/assay development including soluble ligands and extracellular domain fusions
- Expert in FPLC-AKTA / Unicorn software station and process flows
- Expert in Affinity purification (protein A, His-tag, FLAG-tag)
- Expert in protein chromatography (Gel filtration, IEX, HIC, multi-modal resins), and applicability from mg to gram scale
- Purification of LYTAC conjugated biomolecules (non-specific and site-specific conjugation chemistries)
- Early formulation development for lead LYTAC programs
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results.
- Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams
- Analyze, document, and report data concisely and rigorously.
- Ph.D. in biophysics, biochemistry, or related field, with relevant post-doctoral research or MS with 10 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated history of accomplishments via high impact publications and/or advancing molecules from research into pre-clinical/IND activities
- Candidates with relevant industry experience will be given preferential consideration for this position
- Experience in a wide variety of analytical and physicochemical techniques including chromatography (High- Performance Liquid Chromatography: HPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis: CE), Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR - Biacore and/or Octet), Light scattering (DLS/MALS), LC/MS characterization
- Working knowledge of bi-specific antibody designs
- Acute attention to details, well-organized, diligent with documentation
- Highly goal-driven and displays the ability to handle delicate experiments in a timely manner
- Able to operate in a collaborative environment and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.