Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
For a Swiss company that develops and supplies core banking software, Flint needs a Monitoring Specialist who will work on premise in Bioggio (CH, next to Lugano) - Italian/English speaker
Scope of Work short description:
- Manage operations and projects related to monitoring instruments.
- Create new rules and interact with other groups to integrate applications and services requirements into monitoring infrastructure.
- Collaboration with specialists of different areas for the implementation of cross-domain projects.
- On-call service (24x7) from Switzerland and early/late shifts.
Knowledge of Specific SW or Tool, certification requested:
- Solid competences on Unix operating systems and in all the techniques needed to interact and monitor each environment.
- Ability to analyze monitoring requests and transform them into rules and automations.
- Application Performance Monitoring system knowledge, specifically AppDynamics.
- Knowledge of Openshift container platform and Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana).
- Experience witt IBM ITM, Omnibus and Microsoft SCOM monitoring systems would be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of PaaS and SaaS application monitoring techniques.
- Shell and Scripting knowledge (bash, PowerShell, Perl, Python).
- ITIL methodology.
- Proven knowledge and practical experience on Unix (AIX and Linux) systems.
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or other engineering educational background.
- English: fluent
- Italian: fluent