Principal Big Data Engineer
Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by Fidelity Investments
Principal Software Engineer
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for designing and delivering big data solutions using cutting edge technologies, want to be a part of exciting data simplification journey, looking for a collaborative team environment where you will have wealth of opportunities to innovate and have intellectual curiosity to learn, a career in Customer Data Technologies in PI may be right for you!
The Customer Data Technology group within Fidelity's Personal Investing (PI) organization is seeking a Principle Big Data Engineer to build and maintain large scale data processing systems. In this role, you will apply variety of technologies to develop innovative Big data solutions. This position is a critical element to delivering Fidelity's promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.
The Expertise we're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field (eg Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering & Development
- 4+ years of experience in implementing Big data solutions in data analytics space
- 2+ years of experience in developing Big data applications in Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python), MessagingTechnologies (Kafka, Kinesis, SNS, SQS), Relational and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Elastic search, Graph DB), Stream Processing (Flink, Kinesis Analytics, Spark), data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), REST APIs and in-memory technologies.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using AWS services and Open source technologies and
- Experience in deploying Machine Learning models with reinformcement learning in highly scalable environemnts
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
The Purpose of your role
Principal Software Engineer in PI Customer Data Technologies is responsible for design and development of highly available, scalable and distributed data platforms using open source frameworks to process high volume, high velocity and wide variety of structured and unstructured data. The Principal Software Engineer will also be a technical lead for the team and has responsibility for solution design, solving key technical challenges and mentoring the team.
The Skills you bring
- Strong technical design and analysis skill
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment
- Deep experience supporting mission critical applications quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- Strong knowledge and technology trends in implementing of Big data ecosystem
- Strong team player and able to mentor junior team members
- Solid understating of data architecture patterns such as Lambda, Kappa, Event driven Architecture, Data as a Service, Microservice etc.
- Strategic thinking and critical problem solving skills
The Value you deliver
- Designing, Building and supporting mission critical applications to provide the best customer experience
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify our data ecosystem
- Driving Innovation and leading the team to implement solutions with future thinking
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning