Unified Communications Engineer
Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by TEKsystems
Position: Unified Communications Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months (potential for extension)
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a well-established financial institution of Switzerland. Our client is looking for a Unified Communication Engineer with experience in cloud technologies to deploy and support of Microsoft Teams/Skype platform. As a candidate, you will be working in an EngOps capacity - straddling both Engineering and Operations of the system.
- Analyse and deliver solutions on Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business platform components. This will involve solutioning, technical delivery, L2 and syndication with multiple stakeholders and peer technical groups through detailed documentation & presentations.
- Deployment and support of Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business providing guidance and deep technical knowledge on various Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business engineering and operational elements deployed in an Enterprise environment, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft 365 services leveraged by Teams
- Microsoft 365 Compliance and governance for Microsoft Teams
- Functionality transition from Skype for Business to Teams
- Skype for Business operational support
- Teams Room Systems
- Identify improvements, create business cases and conduct strategic planning exercises with senior stakeholders to develop road map and objectives, review current and proposed architecture to arrive at an agreed end-state solution.
- Understanding of Microsoft Teams (+ 2 years of experience) and associated Microsoft 365 technologies like Information Barriers, Data Loss Prevention.
- Understanding of Skype for Business, on premise
- Expertise in associated Microsoft 365 technologies such as Information barriers, Data Loss Prevention
- Cloud Voicemail
- Technical skills ideally in an Level 2 Operations role
- Experience integrating Teams & Skype for Business with other unified communications systems (chat, media, video, voice)
- Excellent written, organisational, and verbal communication skills as well as collaboration skills.
- Able to convey technical concepts to individuals without prior technical knowledge or understanding of topics.
- Able to coordinate and collaborate with business application stakeholders and infrastructure teams to ensure successful upgrades, installations or integration activities
- Strong analytical skills; able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment
- Understanding of Graph API
- Understanding of Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.