Senior Infrastructure Architect - Dublin - €600 per day
Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Leading international tech company currently in partnership with a Major Banking organisation urgently requires an experienced Senior Infrastructure Architect to play a leading role on an upcoming project.
While initially offered on a 6 month, day rate contract, there is a very strong probability of extension given the scope of the upcoming project.
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 restrictions, this role will initially be offered on a remote basis but when matters begin to improve there may be a requirement for the Senior Infrastructure Architect to be onsite one day a week or slightly longer at critical phases of the project.
- Drive and lead the Infrastructure Designs for Projects and Programs.
- Document the Application Technical Designs (ATD).
- Work collaboratively with security designer to ensure the security design for the applications in question is captured and part of the ATD.
- Engage with the DBMS team where required to ensure a cohesive design between application layer and database layer.
- Ratification of the Technical designs at the appropriate forums.
- Drive the Technical Designs through the Security Review process.
- Support the build phase of the Infrastructure for applications, liaising with Infrastructure Vendor/programme team/other to support build activities, clarification on design, supporting the RFS process for Build etc.
- Support the test phase for the various applications.
- Completion of the Non-Functional Requirements Document per the BDM process.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Substantial knowledge of Openstack essential.
- VMware Cloud (VMC) is desirable.
- Able to govern delivery in a complex environment.
- Can constructively challenge and question architecture designs in line with business outcome requirements.
- Significant experience of delivering Infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements within telecoms or service provider industry.
- In depth understanding in on-prem/off-prem cloud technology.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data centre, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services.
- Knowledge of disc storage Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows2012 is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco network and voice gears and technologies, CCNA(P)is a must, CCIE is preferred.
- Knowledge of managing a data centre in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
PLEASE NOTE - This role is ineligible for Critical Skills Permit/VISA sponsorship.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall.
To apply directly, please sendcurrent CV along with brief cover letter through this site.