Packaging Assistant - Entry Level
Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by Yuzu Soap
We are a small business that specializes in handcrafted bath/body products. Founded in 2016, our business has grown quickly and our products are currently available in retail locations across the US and Canada (gift shops, hotels, spas, boutiques).
We are seeking a hard-working and reliable Packaging Assistant. No prior experience required (training will be provided). Bonus if you have prior experience working with large quantities of products (e.g. assembler, baker/decorator, packager) but not required.
Full-time candidates (M-F) are preferred, although we will consider a part-time position for the right candidate. There is potential for overtime and/or weekend shifts during our busy seasons.
Hours: Mon-Fri 10AM - 6:30PM
Location: Fremont, CA
Pay: Hourly DOE
• Label bath/body products, with a high attention to precision and alignment
• Assemble packaging boxes
• Fill liquid products (e.g. lotions, sanitizers)
• Pack finished goods into shipment cartons
• Maintain work environment cleanliness, including but not limited to cleaning equipment/tables, organizing supplies, removing trash, etc.
Who You Are:
• Hard-working and reliable
• Strong attention to detail and extremely organized
• Excellent hand/eye coordination
• Eager to learn and has a positive attitude! No prior experience is required and we can train the right candidate for the role.
• Must be comfortable performing manual labor tasks
• Ability to follow instructions precisely
• Ability to stand for up to 8 hours / day
• Ability to lift materials up to 50 pounds
• Strong proficiency in English (written and oral)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US
• Able to provide 2-3 professional references
• Discounted bath/body products
• Listening to music, podcasts, and/or audiobooks (with earphones) is encouraged during work, as long as you meet packaging quotas and adhere to our quality standards.
• Growth and advancement opportunities. We typically promote from within and there is opportunity to get involved in other areas of the business for exceptional candidates
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
We take safety and sanitization very seriously and expect you to do the same. Adequate PPE (masks and gloves) will be provided daily. Social distancing is strongly encouraged and each team member will have their own dedicated work space, table, chair, etc. Sanitization of our warehouse will be performed daily.
Please email resumes to and address the following questions. Please include "Packaging Assistant - Entry Level" in the email title.
• When will you be available to start this job?
• What is your availability (days and times)? Our operating hours are Mon-Fri from 10am - 6:30pm.
• Please describe in 1-2 sentences. How is your previous experience relevant to this job? Why are you a good fit for this job?
• What is your expected hourly pay rate?
• Please list 2-3 professional references, preferably with at least one in a supervisory/managerial position.
****Please DO NOT CALL regarding this position. We will not be able to review any candidates over the phone. Please submit your application electronically and we will reach out if it is the right fit.****
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.